Wednesday 25 January 2012

Skin Grafting

What is a skin graft?
 Transplantation of skin from its original site to another
Used to cover areas of tissue loss from :
  •  trauma
  •  infection
  •  burns
  •  surgical
Layer of Skin



Classification
Split-thickness skin graft (SSG)
Full-thickness skin graft (FTSG)
Epidermis and variable amounts of dermis
Heals by re-eptheliisation from dermis &
surrounding skin
Epidermis & all of dermis
 Donor site closed directly with sutures
Advantages
Disadvantages
Advantages
Disadvantages
Better survival
Less donor site
morbidity
Secondary contracture
Cosmesis
Cosmesis
Closure of donor site

Less graft take
 Size limit
Pigment changes


Equipment for harvesting SSG
Dermatome

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete